Wandering Folk's inaugural instalment of our Artists Series, the Miinggi Jaanymili Picnic Rug. Indigenous artists duo Miimi and Jiinda have crafted a distinctive design featuring a central meeting point that stands for the coming-together of different tribes, friends, and family. A series of circles around the outside denote the interconnected pathways they take to share tales, culture, food, and festivities. Printed on a luxuriously-enduring, 100% recycled polyester fabric, the piece is complemented by a brown water-resistant poly/cotton canvas base with a waterproof treatment.
- Dimensions: 164cm x 147cm
- Weight: 1.9kg
- Hand illustrated print on front side
- TOP/FRONT: 100% Recycled polyester/cotton.
- BACK: Poly/cotton canvas with a waterproof treatment.
- Top features NEW renewable fabrication that is made from recycled plastic fibres that's more durable, less likely to fade and water resistant.
- Signature brown base is water resistant
- Hand made tassels on corners
- Embroidered cotton label
- Miimi & Jiinda signature
- Brown ornate woven carry strap
- Stitch lines on back for easy rolling
$5 from each sale of this rug donated to Karkaad Trust. This will be put towards the work, land and lives of Indigenous people in West and Central Arnhem.
*Please note that although we try our very best to ensure all imagery portrays products true colours they can sometimes alter on screen or in certain lighting.